· 20 grams of leaves of henna should be steeped in water overnight, The mixture should be strained in the morning and drunk for a few days. Juice of leaves of Horse Radish should be boiled and strained. 20 grams of raw sugar should be added to the mixture and drink. The yellow pigment in the eyes can be dealt effectively by grinding seven grains of small fennel in women's milk and introduced into the nostrils.
· A fine paste of tender papaya leaves, about 1 /2 teaspoon paste, is taken with some water.
· Pour over a handful of lime leaves in 1 cup hot water and take the infusion.
· Make a fine powder of 1 teaspoon each crushed licorice root, chicory seeds and rock salt. Take 1;2 teaspoon with water twice daily
· 1 to 2 teaspoon fresh juice of coriander (dhania) leaves is mixed in 1 cup buttermilk and taken 2-3 times.
· Mash a ripe banana along with 1 tablespoon honey and eat twice a day for a few days.
· Frequently take lime juice.
· Take 1/4 teaspoon turmeric along with a glass of hot water 2 or 3 times daily.
· 1/2 teaspoon ginger juice with 1 teaspoon each fresh lime and mint juice mixed with a tablespoon of honey. Take it frequently.
· Finely grind some bel leaves. Take 1 teaspoon of this paste along with a pinch of black pepper and follow it with 1 cup of buttermilk thrice a day.
For Yellow Pigmentation in Eyes due to Jaundice
· Grind 1/4 teaspoon black cumin seeds (kala jeera) in breast milk and introduce a pinch into the nostrils.
· The main thing to be remember in a case of jaundice is that if the liver is not burdened (through daily flushing of the intestines) and a fat free diet is taken, the organ will recover its vitality even without medication. Sweet substances and liquids like sugarcane juice, fruit juices and dry grapes should form the mainstay of a patient's diet. About 100 grams of dried tamarind (Imli) pith should be soaked in water overnight together with half the quantity of dried plums (aalo bhukhara), mashed and the thick liquid taken by adding a little black salt to it in the morning. The patient should take as much whey as he can during the day.
· Add 10 gms. tulsi leaves juice in about 50 gms. of radish juice. Add a little of jaggery to the combination to sweeten it. Have this solution twice or thrice daily for about a month for getting total relief from this problem.
· Alternatively take 3 gms. of tulsi leaves juice and 3 gms. of the root of punarnava. Mix them both in 50 gms. of water and drink it for about 15 days. This is a very effective dose to cure jaundice.