Ayurvedic Remedies for Nose Disorders
- Rub a nutmeg on a smooth grinding stone along with little cow milk. Apply this paste on forehead and nose.
Nose Blockage Due to Cold and Phlegm
- Make into a very fine powder equal quantities of the following: green cardamom seeds, cinnamon, black pepper and cumin seeds. Sniff this powder frequently to induce sneezing.
- Boil 2 tablespoon fennel seeds in 1 cup water till it is reduced to half. Filter it. Take 1 tablespoon every morning and evening for a few days.
- Take a smokeless but burning cow dung cake and sprinkle turmeric powder over it. It will emit large quantities of smoke. Inhale this smoke deeply. It will release the stuck up solid phlegm in the nose and the patient will be cured.
Cold with Phlegm and Slight Cough
- Take 8-10 tulsi leaves and wash them well. In 1 cup of water, add these tulsi leaves, 1-2 cloves of garlic (lahsun), ½ piece ginger, crushed and 4-5 pepper corns. Boil the water and keep simmering on fire till the quantity is reduced to 1:4 cup. Cool it. Strain the potion and add 1 teaspoon honey. Drink this every morning.
· Take a big piece of turmeric and grind it with half kilo of dried bansa leaves. Add 25 gms. rock salt. Boil the lot in water till the quantity is reduced one fourth of the original quantity. Strain the potion and cool it. Take just 10 gms. of it at one hourly interval. In a couple of hours the extra heat of the blood shall pass out with urine and the nose bleeding will stop. Externally ask the patient to smell a cotton wet with the itra of khus for quick relief.
· Drop lemon juice in nostrils.
· Use juice of fresh coriander leaves as nasal drops .
· Dip a cotton bud in rosewater and dab it on to the inside of your nostrils to stop the bleeding.
Nose Bleeding due to body heat:
· Lemon juice dropped into nostrils provides excellent relief.
· Juice of fresh coriander leaves can be used as nasal drops.
· The easiest and most effective cure of this trouble is to keep the tulsi blossom near you and smell it as and when you like. For those who are chronic patient of this trouble, this simple treatment is very effective and cures the trouble completely. Drinking tulsi juice mixed with honey will also help and provide extra strength to the body.
· Take 10 gms. of fuller's earth and keep it in a cup full of water. When the process of sedimentation has taken place, drink the water early in the morning from the cup.
· Take a little of dry 'Amla' and soak it in about 25 gms. of water. Sieve through a fine cloth and drink the strained water early in the morning. The remaining material should be grinded to a paste form and be applied over palate and forehead.
· Grind 'Majufal' to fine powdered form and ask the patient to smell it repeatedly.
· Crush a fistful of carom seeds (ajwain) and tie up in a cotton napkin and place it near the pillow.
· Put 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds on burning coal and inhale the smoke.
Nasal Congestion in Children
- Crush a fistful of carom seeds (ajwain) and tie up in a cotton napkin and place it near the pillow.
Foul Smell from NoseMany person have this trouble. It is due to stomach disorder. The following treatment is found to be quite effective.
- Grind the bitter pumpkin to a paste form and extract its juice. Drop drops of this pumpkin juice in the patient's nose. If you don't get fresh bitter pumpkin then you can take already dried pumpkin and soak it in water overnight. Grind it to a paste form early in the morning and drop this paste's juice in the sufferer's nose every morning. Besides this treatment, try to keep your digestive system in perfect order.