Ayurvedic Remedies For Cracked SkinSkin is not only the outer covering if the body but it is a sense an axcreatory orang also. The glow of skin shows our good heath.
For Cracked Skin
- For dry, cracked hands apply a mixture of grated potato soaked in olive oil. Leave this on for 10 minutes and then rinse off.
For Face Skin
· Pound a piece of radish to a pulp and just apply this pulp on the face. Keep is till it is dry. Then rub it offby cold water. Internally, consume radish, its juice and the radish vegetable cooked by steam heat. It is better to leave salt altogether till your blood is clean. The acne results because of impurity of blood.
· Clean face with cotton wool dipped in rose water 2-3 times a day. Do not use soap.
· Mix I teaspoon lemonjuice in I teaspoon finely grind cinnamon powder and apply on affected areas frequently. Sift the cinnamon powder to make it into a very fine powder.
· Crush a few garlic flakes and apply on the face, once or twice a day. Swallowing 1-2 flakes of raw gar I ic regularly helps further.
· Grind some neem leaves with water to a fine paste. Apply on infected area.
· Make a paste of I /2 teaspoon each of sandalwood and turmeric powder in little water and apply.
· Grind some black cumin seeds (jeera) with a little vinegar to a smooth paste. Apply on affected parts.
· Orange peel is very good for the treatment of acne. Grind the peel with some water to a paste and apply on affected parts. When oranges are not in season, you may use a powder of dried orange peels. For this, when oranges are in season, dry orange peels in shade. Powder finely in a grinder and sift it to make
Ayurvedic Remedies for Feet Disorders
Cracked Feet or Soles
· Finely grind a handful of henna leaves. Add 2 tablespoons lemon juice and apply on the feet.
· Mix the juice of bottle gourd and sesame oil in the ratio 4:1 and heat till the moisture has evaporated. Use over cracked skin.
· Mix equal quantities of glycerine and lemon juice. Apply every night before going to bed. This mixture can be made and stored in a glass bottle.
· Massage your feet with castor oil every night (in winters) for 2-3 minutes and then wear socks at night.
- Grind equal amounts of neem leaves and turmeric. Apply on affected area.
- Soak feet in strong tea for 20 minutes everyday until the smell disappears. To prepare your footbath, dip two tea bogs in 500 mt. of water for 15 minute and pour the tea into a basin containing two litres ( l0 cups) of cool water.
Unpleasant Body Odour
· Soak 10-15 basil leaves in 1 cup water and eat every morning for a month.
- Grind neem leaves and apply in armpits and on other parts of body.
· Slightly roast big onion on flame. Mash it and mix in a teaspoon each turmeric powder and ghee. Apply and tie a bandage.
· Mash the garlic cloves and apply externally.
· Grind neem leaves into a paste and apply on affected parts.
· Apply a paste of ginger powder and turmeric on boils.
· Grind some black cumin seeds in a little water and apply the paste on the affected areas.
· Heat black pepper powder in 1/2 teaspoon Deshi ghee until charred. Use this as an ointment.
· Take fenugreek leaf paste, heat it and when lukewarm, apply on the affected part of the body.
- Soak bread in warm milk and sandwich the mixture in between the folds of a clean cotton cloth. Apply this poultice to the boil and hold in place with a cotton bandage. This draws the dirt to the surface of the skin and simultaneously bursts the boil.